The Best News Ever!

at 2:30 this morning warren woke me up and put me in the car with loads of blankets and pillows. “just go to sleep,” he said and i did.

we drove and drove and drove until we stopped. we were on assateague island (home of the wild ponies!), off the coast of maryland. it was still pitch black when we arrived and freezing. but little by little the sky started to get lighter. the clouds started turning pink and orange and then we saw this:

which is when warren pulled out this…

…and proposed!!!

we are getting married in may in the washington, d.c. temple! we are so very happy!

Never Miss A Recipe!

Subscribe to receive new recipes via email PLUS access to my free digital downloads library!

A password will be emailed to you after your subscription is confirmed.

Comments

1. says

OMG when I read the title of the post I was all "this better be what I think it is…" and it WAS!!

I'm so excited for you guys, this really IS the best news ever!

Congratulations!!!!

2. says

MAGIC!!! I'm so excited for you and thrilled to hear the good news! I can't wait for the wonderful day.

YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! (pokes finger in fake cheek dimples)

3. says

congrats dear amy! 🙂 i remember so well when it all started, and now! oh what fitting and perfect news! it's all so beautiful – and your ring is GORG if i must say. i'm typically not a ring person, but oh! i love it!

4. says

AMY! Well, it's been forever but through a series of fortunate blog-link clicks, I saw Megan's blog post about your being engaged and then your blog post about being engaged… and then Becca emailed me to tell me; and, well, I'm thrilled for you. CONGRATULATIONS!

Nattles loves you.

5. says

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! I already passed my congratulations on to Warren, but I have to share them with you too! I'm SO excited for you two! CONGRATULATIONS! Seriously, it makes me giddy when two such awesome people find each other. So, so happy for you!

6. says

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you guys. And, hello, the beach at sunrise…seriously what an amazing story, and just the start to an amazing life together.