- Olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs and 6 chicken legs (bone in with skin–trust me)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package Jennie-O’s Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage (or chorizo)
- 1 bag baby potatoes, potatoes cut in half or in quarters
- 2 red onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 oranges, sliced into about 8 pieces each
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. We want to roast everything to golden perfection and caramelize the veggies. Throw the chicken pieces in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Use your hands (I know, it’s super gross touching chicken skin but it will be worth it) to rub everything in. Lay each chicken piece on a parchment paper-lined rimmed cookie sheet (I used two pans).
In the same bowl toss potatoes, red onions, and oranges with olive oil, oregano, and garlic powder. Salt and pepper. Nestle around the chicken pieces. Roast for one hour. Halfway through, baste with any juice (I forgot to do this step and it still turned out great). Let the meat rest for ten minutes before serving. If you want to stretch the meal out, add a side of couscous. Can’t go wrong!
Wherever and however you spent Valentine’s Day, we hope it was lovely!