Also, I think this Thai Crunch Salad would make the perfect side (or topping) for the Thai Turkey Burgers with Mango Sauce. Just saying.
PS: If you’re looking for another Asian-flavored salad to get your through these dog days, try Hungry Girl Por Vida’s Asian Slaw Steak Salad. A Korean twist on salad is always a good thing.
- 1 bag coleslaw
- 1/2 small red cabbage, sliced thinly
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 3-4 green onions, sliced with the whites and all
- handful of cilantro
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 heaping tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1-2 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce, optional
Toss all the salad ingredients and set aside. Mix the dressing ingredients (if you don’t have ginger or sweet red chili sauce, don’t sweat it–this stuff is magic with or without it). If you’re serving this immediately, go ahead and toss the salad and dressing together .Just before serving, top with more chopped peanuts.