|from Swing Set in December|
You bake store bought turtle cookie dough* into a crisp crust, fill it with scads of caramel cups, and bake that all inside a light cheesecake filling. It doesn’t require fancy machines or even accurate measuring. The perfect kind of dessert for those on the run, or those who fear baking, or those who love eating. That is to say: everyone and their grandmother.
*Though you are more than welcome to make turtle dough from scratch. I’m just lazy.
I mean it.
DULCE DE LECHE CHEESECAKE
- 15 oz. refrigerated Turtle Supreme cookie dough (we used Nestle Pecan Turtle Delight)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 20 caramel-filled chocolate cups (we used these but bulk candy stores should have them too)
- whipped topping
- remaining caramel cups, chopped
- 1 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 oz white chocolate, chopped
- dulce de leche or caramel sauce (we adore Trader Joe’s Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce)