This has been the longest, coldest winter that I can remember and the only thing I can do to survive is dream of summer days replete with fresh garden veggies and lazy beach naps. But since it is March in Michigan, this gorgeous, vibrant Thai Chicken Satay Noodle Salad will have to do. Plus, it totally has me wanting to pack my bags and board the next plane to Thailand…anyone else want to join me?
Please humor my obligatory noodles-twirled-on-a-fork shot; it is pure magic to my carb-loving soul. Sidebar: I would totally take a giant pan of cheesy, carbolicious pasta over an equally giant, carbolicious cake any day. What camp do you fall in?
I recommend making a big batch of everything on Sunday and use it for the upcoming week’s lunches. I would keep the noodles, veggies (covered with a paper towel and sealed in a tupperware), chicken, and dressing all in separate containers so things don’t get soggy. You will pat yourself on the back every day you get to dive into this gorgeous salad.
Are you a salad person? If so, what’s your go-to version?
THAI CHICKEN SATAY NOODLE SALAD WITH CREAMY COCONUT PEANUT DRESSING
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- zest from 1 lime
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic and ginger paste (or finely minced garlic clove and ginger root)
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste (I love the dimension this brings but if you don’t want to buy a giant tube, I think you would be okay without it)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2-3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons rice vinegar (*only for the dressing portion*)
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 of the marinade, recipe above
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in a cup of water
- 7 oz. multigrain spaghetti noodles (half of a 14.5 box)
- 1/4 red cabbage, sliced (or bagged coleslaw)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
Love food? Me, too. Let’s be Pin Pals! A few more salads to get you ready for spring:
And just because my love of carbs demands that I share this with you: