- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 oz. caramel sauce (we use Trader Joe’s Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce, though I also like Kroger’s brand)
- 15-20 caramel-filled chocolate cups, roughly chopped (we use these)
In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons milk to form a slurry. Set aside. In another small bowl, mix the cream cheese and salt together. Set aside. Put the rest of the milk, cream, sugar, and corn syrup in a large, heavy bottomed pot (like a stock pot). Bring to a boil and boil for exactly four minutes (I set my phone’s timer to make sure it was accurate). It will boil and foam like crazy.
Love Ice Cream? Check out more sweet treats on my Project Yum Pinterest board!
Also, here are some more recipes to feed your ice cream obsession: