Friends, I have discovered the secret to happiness: Herbed Bistro Fries. I mean, you can never go wrong with French fries of any sort but these classy wedges (from Spike Mendelsohn’s Good Stuff Eatery–one of our favorite lunch spots in Washington, D.C.) take things to a new level of awesome. Fried to perfection in peanut oil and dusted with fresh rosemary and thyme, you simply cannot stop yourself from throwing back handful after handful!
- 3 pounds red potatoes cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh thyme
- kosher salt for sprinkling
- peanut oil for deep-frying (enough to be 3-inches deep in a fryer or heavy pot)