But don’t be fooled–as gorgeous and grown up as these tacos appear, they are so easy to prepare. Like the Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork, it benefits from a delicious spice rub. And while you don’t have to brown the meat, doing so gives it an extra punch of something awesome and only takes about five more minutes of your time. In return, you’ll get a mega dreamboat of a meal that will leave you swooning.P.S. How pretty is the little wooden spoon we got in Peru?
SLOW COOKER SHREDDED BEEF TACOS
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 pounds boneless chuck roast
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup beef stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced (or 1 teaspoons chipotle powder)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces green enchilada sauce (we use generic store brand)
- 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
- flour or corn tortillas
- tomatillo salsa (it’s at the very bottom of the linked post)
- cojita cheese
- lime juice
When the meat is done, it will shred easily. Transfer the meat to a bowl and discard of the juices in the slow cooker. Shred. Fold in the enchilada sauce and brown sugar. Return meat to the slow cooker and keep on warm until ready to serve.
Obsessed with your slow cooker? Me too!
Check out Simmer Down Now, my soup and slow cooker Pinterest board!