recipes that could qualify for Man Bait. Before I could even say a word,
Warren said, “Make him a peanut butter pie.”And wouldn’t you know it, that pie worked it’s love potion magic and the two are slated to tie the knot come April.Praise be the Peanut Butter Pie!
This pie is Warren’s piece de resistance. He has adapted my Cookie Butter Pie into pure perfection by nixing the decadent Nutella hot fudge (though I still think all refrigerator pies should have Nutella hot fudge) and substituting peanut butter for the cookie butter.These were obviously the correct adaptations and it has since become Warren’s signature pie (though my favorite pies he makes are still Strawberry Rhubarb and Tri
ple Berry Tarts, though I would never refuse a slice of this magnificent treat). This is the pie that people demand we bring to any gathering and Warren is always happy to oblige.
Easy Peanut Butter Pie With Pretzel Crust
- 3 cups crushed pretzels
- 1½ sticks butter, melted
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 8 oz. Cool Whip + more for topping
- 1 bag mini Reese's peanut butter cups, chopped (or about 1 cup chopped Reese's cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 or 9-inch spring form pan or pie pan. Combine the pretzel crumbs and butter in the pie pan and press firmly to form the crust. Use the bottom of a cup to press the crust up the sides of the pan. You can also use a regular pie pan if you don't have a spring form pan. cut the pretzels down to 2 cups and the butter and sugar down a tad, too. Bake the pretzel crust for 5-7 minutes and cool completely
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, cream the peanut butter and cream cheese together. Slowly add the powdered sugar and blend until incorporated. Fold in the whipped cream and chopped Reese's cups and pour peanut butter filling into the cooled pretzel crust. Spread remaining Cool Whip over the filling. Refrigerate (or freeze) until you are ready to serve. Sprinkle with more chopped Reese's before serving.