Caprese Pasta Salad With Asparagus And Pan Fried Chicken
Kick start summer with this gorgeous Caprese Pasta Salad with Asparagus and Pan Fried Chicken--it's so simple to throw together and makes a perfect summer meal for a crowd or for the family!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
- 0.5 pound cavatappi pasta (or other corkscrew pasta)
- 2 cups asparagus, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 chicken breasts sliced lengthwise to create four pieces
- salt and pepper to taste + favorite herbs (like 21 Seasoning Salute)
- olive oil for pan frying chicken
- 1 cup pesto, your favorite homemade or store bought
- 7-8 7-8 sun dried tomatoes sliced thinly if packed in oil 1 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus for the last 2 minutes; drain and set aside. While pasta is cooking, pan fry chicken. To do so, sprinkle both sides of chicken pieces with salt, pepper, and your favorite herbs (we use 21 Seasoning Salute from Trader Joe's).
Heat nonstick skillet over high heat and add olive oil. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes per side, until cooked through and thoroughly browned. Set aside chicken to rest while you assemble the rest of the salad.
Toss cooked pasta and asparagus with pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and mozzarella. Top with chicken, either sliced or cubed. Serve warm or cold!