Banhmicuits On Triscuit Sriracha Crackers
"banhmicuits" use pan fried tofu, avocado crema, quick pickled veggies, and sriracha mayo to echo the fresh flavors of Vietnamese banh mi sandwiches all topped on TRISCUIT Sriracha Crackers!
Servings 12 people
- 12 TRISCUIT Sriracha Crackers
- Avocado Crema
- Pan Fried Tofu
- Quick Pickled Vegetables
- Sriracha Mayo
- ½ ripe California Avocado, mashed
- 1 individual-sized cup of plain Greek yogurt
- juice and zest of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 12 slices (about ¼-inch thick) extra firm tofu
- salt and pepper to taste
- flour to coat each side of tofu
- olive oil for frying
- 1 small carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 small cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1-2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
To make the avocado crema, mash avocado in a small bowl then add Greek yogurt, lime zest and juice, cilantro, and a pinch of salt. Mix until completely incorporated and smooth. Set aside.
To make the pan fried tofu, sprinkle each slice with a little salt and pepper. Coat both sides of each slice with flour (this is an optional step) then fry in olive oil over medium heat until both sides are golden (about 2-3 minutes per side).
While the tofu is frying, make the quick pickled veggies. Put julienned carrots and cucumbers in a bowl and sprinkle with rice vinegar and sugar. Stir to combine and set aside
To assemble the bannmicuits, arrange 12 TRISCUIT Sriracha Crackers on a tray. Put a small dollop of avocado crema on each cracker. Top with a slice of pan fried tofu and drizzle each assembled cracker with a pinch of pickled veggies and drizzle of sriracha mayo.