Mediterranean Baked Eggs
Fresh eggs baked in delicious Prego Italian Sauce along with a medley of Mediterranean veggies and sprinkled with feta and parsley.
Servings 6 people
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 12 oz. (1/2 jar) Prego Roasted Garlic and Herb Italian Sauce
- 1 cup feta cheese, divided
- 6 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Heat oil in a large nonstick (or cast iron) skillet over medium. Add diced veggies and saute for 3-4 minutes. Add chicken stock and bring veggies to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes, until veggies are softened.
Add Prego Roasted Garlic and Herb Italian Sauce and bring to a boil. Take off heat and stir in ¾ cup feta. Crack eggs into skillet over tomato mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until eggs are set, about 7 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining feta and parsley. Serve immediately with a loaf of bread.